Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“terms”) apply to all purchases of products by you from Worldstores. Please read them carefully. We may vary these terms from time to time and therefore you should check to ensure you have the latest version before you make a new purchase. Your legal rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- PaymentWe take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card details. Fraud checks may be conducted. This involves checks on details provided during the order process including the address details. This may involve your details being passed to a 3rd party fraud checking company. On occasion we may ask for additional information in order to process your order. We will conduct this process as quickly as possible however on occasion dispatch of goods may be delayed.
Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods within 14 days.
- Acceptance of OrderIf you have supplied us with your email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge your order. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions see section Right to Cancel.
Orders placed by phone
Orders placed over the telephone undergo additional security checks once the order has been placed – this is to protect Worldstores and cardholders against credit card fraud. As a result, our cut–off times for next day delivery are one hour earlier than with a standard order placed securely over the internet. Furthermore occasionally we will contact you after a telephone order has been placed to request additional information, such as a copy of a utility bill or other proof of address – until we have this information we will be unable to process your order. Orders will be cancelled and refunded if after 10 days information requested is not provided.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on “submit” or “make payment” on the final page of our ordering process. See also Right to Cancel.
- PricesThe price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order. While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund within 14 days.
All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges unless expressly stated otherwise. For a VAT receipt please click here to email us.
All credit card transactions are taken in the UK and our transaction currency is in UK Pounds (£).
- AvailabilityAll items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
- Delivery of ordersDelivery charges vary depending on the type of products ordered and the service you select and cannot be refunded. Your delivery charges will be clearly indicated at checkout. Delivery information can be found here. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated time–scales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors and all goods and products are subject to availability. We will do our best to get all orders despatched as quickly as possible. We have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered. You have the right to cancel delayed orders at any time and get a refund prior to the item being despatched. We recommend that you make arrangements for trades people to carry out work on your behalf only after your order has been delivered and checked for damage. If you are purchasing to replace your existing furniture we also recommend that you do not dispose of your existing furniture until your new goods have arrived and been checked for damage. We shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to property, lost income, profits, economic or commercial losses and third parties claims.
- Export RestrictionsWe will specify any export restrictions that apply on any of our products on individual product listings. Any export restrictions will also be clearly indicated at checkout.
- Gift WrappingWe do not offer a gift wrapping service at present.
- Returns policyIn the unlikely event you should want to return an item to us we are pleased to offer all customers a 28 Day No Quibble Returns Policy. You have 28 days from receipt of your order in which to notify us if you want to return items for a refund. Just contact us and we’ll arrange for your items to be collected from your door or smaller items to be posted back to us.
Worldstores will deduct from any refund the cost of recovering goods from customers. This is typically £40 per item for most furniture items. The exact cost will be advised when you arrange your return. Please be aware that postage charges incurred by returning the item(s) to us will not be refunded. We recommend that you use a trackable delivery service.
A completed returns form must be attached to the returned items. Please click here to download our returns form.
Items must be returned unused and in a saleable condition, and packaged in their original packaging or packaging of an equivalent standard. Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
For reasons of hygiene we cannot refund or exchange mattresses or mattress toppers where the hygiene seal has been removed unless they are faulty or not as described.
Memory foam mattresses may arrive vacuum packed, please do not open and unroll to inspect if the goods are incorrect. The mattress will be able to be identified through the packaging. When returning items please allow 14 days from the date of collection for your refund to be processed, we will send you an email to confirm when your refund has been processed. Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
Any delivery discrepancies must be reported as soon as is reasonably possible after delivery, preferably within 24hrs. On arrival, if packaging appears damaged it is recommended that this is marked on the delivery note before you sign.
Damaged or faulty items
If you notice that any of your items are damaged or faulty when you receive your delivery, please refuse the delivery and contact us to arrange re–delivery of a replacement. If you discover after delivery that any items are damaged or faulty, please report this to us as soon as is reasonably possible using this form.
We will contact you to arrange a replacement, send replacement parts or issue a refund. If you choose to receive a refund, we will refund you in full to your original payment method (your payment card or PayPal account), including any delivery charges you paid if your whole order is being refunded. To ensure a swift refund please complete a returns form and attach it to your item.
We ask that you do not use the damaged items and that you re–package them in their original packaging wherever possible.
Nothing within this Returns policy affects your legal rights.
- WarrantyWe offer a 1 year warranty on all products against manufacturing defects where used in accordance with the instructions. This is subject to the following exclusions:
- Moving parts (mechanisms, castors, drawers)
- Seating upholstery which are subject to usage related wear and tear
- Where incorrect assembly occurs or use of non–recommended parts, or third party accessories not compatible with original design are used
- Where the product has been tampered with by a third party or interventions by non–authorised personnel.
Where your product is covered by our warranty against manufacturing defect, we will at our discretion provide a spare part, repair, replacement or refund. Please contact us with a full description and photographs of the fault, using our damaged items form. We may arrange an engineer to inspect the item and either rectify the fault on site or advise on action required.Where your product is no longer under warranty we will endeavour to repair or replace parts subject to availability. There may be charges outside of the warranty period these will be advised before proceeding.
- Right to cancelIf you have changed your mind and want to return all or part of your order please contact us within 28 days of receiving your order. We will get in touch to arrange to collect the item(s) you want to return. Where multiple items form part of the same order but have been delivered separately, your right to cancel starts 14 days after the date on which the last product(s) was (were) delivered to you.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by e–mail or post). Please click here or notify us, in writing, by post to; Customer Service, Officesupermarket, Unit 5 Crossways Business Park, Crossways Lane, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 3UE. Using our contact form is the quickest way for us to manage your cancellation. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you are returning your entire order we will refund any delivery charge you paid as well as the cost of your item(s). However, we will deduct from your refund the cost of collecting the item(s). This cost will be advised when you notify us of your return. We will issue your refund promptly once your returned items have been received. To help ensure a swift refund please also complete a returns form and attach it to your item.
In order to receive a full refund, we ask that you take reasonable care of the product(s) and that they are returned to us in the same condition and, to the extent possible, in the same packaging as when we delivered them to you. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any product(s) supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
This right to cancel does not apply to any personalised product(s), to any product(s) which have been made or adapted to your requirements or any product(s) which cannot be returned due to health protection or hygiene reasons.
- Limitation of LiabilityWe shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to property, lost income, profits, economic or commercial losses and third parties claims.
Our total liability in connection with or arising from the Order, whether in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the value of the Goods.
Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms & conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Worldstores or any of its employees or agents or fraud. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with law. If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Ownership of RightsAll rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Worldstores. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non–commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Worldstores. You may not modify, distribute or re–post anything on this website for any purpose.
- Accuracy of ContentWorldstores has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. All materials refer to the main material used. Other materials may be used in the product that are not listed. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. Packaging may vary from that shown.
- Damage to your ComputerWorldstores makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won’t cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. Worldstores shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Password/Account SecurityYou are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Worldstores shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- Recycling your electrical and electronic wasteRecycling your old electricals is easy!
Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the Recycle More website and type in your postcode.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We’re proud to support your local authority in providing local recycling facilities for electrical equipment.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed–out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
How are we helping?
In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities. This is achieved through membership of the national Distributor Take–back scheme (DTS).
To find more information on WEEE recycling and to locate your nearest recycling centre please visit the Recycle More website.
- Links to Other WebsitesWe have placed links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Worldstores cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- Use of this Website from outside the UKWorldstores make no representation that any products or services referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Law, Jurisdiction and LanguageThis website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK. All contracts are concluded in English.